Hello Lucas,
Have you been able to solve this problem.

I have tried to use the apache httpclient classes to get my networking
going and that does not seem to help either.

I am interested in the "x-up-subno" header that ATT adds.

I looked thro the source of the WebView, WebViewCore, BrowserFrame
classes from the android src and noticed that the loading is happening
via a native method

-------------------------------------
 public void loadData(String baseUrl, String data, String mimeType,
            String encoding, String failUrl) {
        mLoadInitFromJava = true;
        if (failUrl == null) {
            failUrl = "";
        }
        if (data == null) {
            data = "";
        }

        // Setup defaults for missing values. These defaults where
taken from
        // WebKit's WebFrame.mm
        if (baseUrl == null || baseUrl.length() == 0) {
            baseUrl = "about:blank";
        }
        if (mimeType == null || mimeType.length() == 0) {
            mimeType = "text/html";
        }
        nativeLoadData(baseUrl, data, mimeType, encoding, failUrl);
        mLoadInitFromJava = false;
    }

thanks,
kiran