Been working with OpenGL a little more recently, and have been noticing
pretty bad performance on my G1.

Were there any major changes to OpenGL in 1.6 that would change the
performance (or made my code incorrect?) on device?

As a test, I grabbed the SpriteMethodTest out of Apps-For-Android, and gave
it a spin.  I had run it a few months ago and noticed pretty decent
performance.  With a low number of sprites (10-100), every method (Verts,
Hardware VBO's, and DrawTex) had easily over 30fps, with drawTex beating out
the others.

I fired it up on my G1 (recently updated to 1.6), and all 3 methods are
giving me performance of around 10-12fps with all methods of OpenGL at 10
sprites.

Just for fun, installed the exact same APK on my girlfriends phone, which
has yet to be updated to 1.6, and hers shows what I expected to start with,
30-60fps depending on method...

So the question is, did anything change in terms of OpenGL, that would make
the example code in SpriteMethodTest less than optimal?

- Dan