Anton Pirker wrote:
> Hey List!
>
> I have an Application that displays a Website in an WebView.  This is
> working quite good.
> Now i want give the Website access to a Class of my Android Project with
> WebView.addJavascriptInterface() [1]
>
> This is my Java Code (in an Activity)
>

> public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {
>     FileUtil fu = new FileUtil();
>
>     WebView appView = (WebView) findViewById(R.id.appView);
>     appView.getSettings().setJavaScriptEnabled(true);
>     appView.getSettings().setJavaScriptCanOpenWindowsAutomatically(true);
>     appView.addJavascriptInterface(fu, "FileUtil");
>     appView.loadUrl(someUrl);
> }
>
> // The FileUtils class is a very basic test-class:
> public class FileUtil {
>     public FileUtils() { }
>
>     public int read() {
>        return 99;
>     }
> }
>

> And now i have a index.html accessable via the url <someUrl>
> In this html page i try to call window.FileUtil.read() but nothing happens.

Dump the "window." -- just reference FileUtil directly.

> Then I displayed all members of the window object and my "FileUtil" is
> missing.

It's not supposed to be there. You do not get an actual Javascript
object from addJavascriptInterface().

It is a bit more like you get a new Javascript keyword -- you can write
"FileUtil.read()", and the Javascript interpreter will interpret it, but
there is no FileUtil object.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android App Developer Books: http://commonsware.com/books.html