If you want to get valid IP address you can try to enumerate over your
LAN addresses. If your LAN network has an IP address like 192.168.1.0

you can try to ping    192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.2, ...

If you get a response back, you know that there is another system
which has the IP address assigned.

Of course this is not the most efficient mechanism and might not be
successful in all cases (clients in the network might not respond to
ping) but it's a possibility ...

With the usage of some linux commands like netstat you should be able
to get also the corresponding MAC addresses of the IP addresses.

--
Roman Baumgaertner
Sr. SW Engineer-OSDC