I meant: implement your own http server to run on the phone. This
server would also be a shoutcast client, and connect to the remote
shoutcast server. It would process the data, and then pass it to its
own clients as if it were serving up regular mp3 files. Your
MediaPlayer would then connect to localhost to get the mp3.

But again, that seems like a lot of trouble when the majority of
devices are already running Donut.