Jeff,

That's good to know, thanks. After running some much longer test sessions
(like overnight), that does appear to be the situation, that it's behaving
like setInexactRepeating and the first event might not happen for a while.

I have to say, this is likely to cause some unhappy users for various
widgets. Especially with the minimum time being bumped up in Donut, there
are probably widgets which used to update every 10 or 15 minutes, and which
now may not get their first update for nearly an hour. I understand your
reasons, but as so often happens, it's app developers who will get the brunt
of the complaints.