Hi,

I have a camera app which creates large 2048x, medium 1024x and small
512x images by setting the camera parameters and it is still working
OK in 1.6 on G1.

My guess is that 640 is not a binary integer multiple of 2048 ???, so
maybe try 1024 and then rescale to 640.

Does 5mp pictures ( eg HTC Hero ) actually work, can anyone confirm ?

Regards