Hi,

I'm making a appwidget, and hope to use search UI to let user filter some
infomation while setup widget on receiving APPWIDGET_CONFIGURE. My current
problem is APPWIDGET_CONFIGURE intent depends on setResult() to decide if
adding widget successful. However, using search UI cause activity reentry to
fail to setResult() to original caller.

Below codes show how and where my code to setResult(),
first when user try to add widget in home screen, we launch the search UI on
APPWIDGET_CONFIGURE intent, and after search UI return result with
Intent.ACTION_VIEW to same activity, it failed to setResult() to tell caller
widget is configured.
But in onUserInteraction()  setResult() work, but it's just not correct
timing. Tried extend finish() but still in vain.

Any suggest is appreciated!

public void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState)
{
  super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);
  Intent launchIntent = getIntent();

  Bundle extras = launchIntent.getExtras();

  if(Intent.ACTION_VIEW.equals(launchIntent.getAction()))
  {
     // this is where to handle search result indent, but failed to set
result

    if (appWidgetId != AppWidgetManager.INVALID_APPWIDGET_ID) {
        Intent intent = new Intent();
        intent.putExtra(AppWidgetManager.EXTRA_APPWIDGET_ID, appWidgetId);
        setResult(RESULT_OK, intent);
    }

  } else if(Intent.ACTION_SEARCH.equals(launchIntent.getAction()))
  {
    String query = launchIntent.getStringExtra(SearchManager.QUERY);

    if (appWidgetId != AppWidgetManager.INVALID_APPWIDGET_ID) {
        Intent intent = new Intent();
        intent.putExtra(AppWidgetManager.EXTRA_APPWIDGET_ID, appWidgetId);
        setResult(RESULT_OK, intent);
    }

  } else {
    //  deal android.appwidget.action.APPWIDGET_CONFIGURE here
    onSearchRequested();
  }
}

TIA,