Where is the source tree for the package: com.android.vending...?

Also, is there a link explaining why this is not in the public source
tree available via Git? Is it, only because of the dev phones? Doesn't
stop rooted phones or eventual reversing. If it is not available to
developers, but only phone manufacturers, why is it in the open source
package com.android and not in com.google.android instead, because it
is not open source? Please correct me, if I’m misguided.

Why I ask and my diatribe:

I've installed the Android source code via Git and have successfully
executed make. As a developer, I want to totally understand the
vending code, the Market interface, and the client-side operation of
the Market app. I want to understand the limitations and
vulnerabilities surrounding app publishing and how to secure
applications from being pirated (I may even want to create a new
Market app.)  Yea, I know it’s a pipe dream, but at least, I can try
to limit pirating to only the most determined and brightest pirates.

I need to find a way to automatically link a downloaded app to a
phone, and possibly a customer. I want to be able to employ a callback
design and auto-register an app upon download, creating a unique app
instance per phone. If the app is pulled and installed into another
phone then the app will not function correctly, because it is not on
the correct phone. Possible? Sure it is. I just need to determine
where the Market fits into this story and design for or around it.

It would be nice if the Market had a callback feature for vendors to
employ, so vendors could serialize there apps and generate a license
key incorporating the phone's serial number.

Problem is there is no way to stop a hacker from getting your app and
cracking it. They don’t even need a phone to access the market,
because the emulator can be engineered to access the market and
download apps. And if not the emulator then a rooted phone can
introspect and capture all I/O and traces of market interfacing too.

This means vendors should use the market as a proxy to the real app
and force the user to download missing code which requires the phones
serial number to unlock the app, which has dynamically generated code
embedded that only runs on that phone. There are several ways to
accomplish this.