I have to admit, embarrassedly, that I was looking at the wrong Maps
API Terms. Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction regarding
Maps.

There is nothing in the Android Google Maps API Terms that says you
must make your applications free that use the Maps API. So paid apps
look okay, although there are some restrictions on exactly what type
of apps you can develop with the Maps API (see section 8.7). There's
still section 8.3 that says you can't sell the Service but I guess
that means we can't sell Google's service but we can sell our
applications that use the service.

My original post asked about the Google AJAX APIs as well. Is there an
Android equivalent to Maps for using those APIs as well? Is it even
acceptable to use a Google AJAX API from Android?

- dave