yeah i did, but it wasn't much help, perhaps I didn't understand what
you were saying --

"Just scale your coordinates based on the screen density."
That is what I was commenting on.  Screen density does not seem
sufficient to me.

"You can't assume some specific size for some screen -- consider the
possibilities, QVGA, HVGA, WVGA, FWVGA all have different
proportions."
by "specific size" - i assume you meant physical screen size -- which
goes back to density.  as far as "different proportions" I assume you
mean "aspect ratio".  I'm not quite sure what that means.  Does that
mean I should create a separate graphic for each screen DENSITY and
then it looks however it looks on whatever the aspect ratio is for a
screen?  Suppose I had two devices A and B with the same screen
DENSITY.  Device A had an aspect ratio such that it was 2x as wide as
device B (but again, with the same screen density).  If I create an
app widget for device A to be 4x1 (to take up the entire width of the
screen), then when I used that widget graphic on device B (with the
same density, but 2x physical width), the widget graphic would only go
across half the screen?