Hi there,

Quick question: have you ensured that USB debugging is still enabled
on the HTC Magic after the software upgrade?

As for the other devices, I noticed that when I installed the 2.0 SDK
components, it wiped out the contents of my ~/.android/adb_usb.ini
file.
Before I could connect to newer devices, I had to recreate the file
with the relevant USB vendor IDs (0x0fce for Sony Ericsson).

Also, in case it helps: I had problems with adb hanging on Mac OS X,
generally after I had VMware Fusion running.  Rebooting was the only
thing that would fix it.

Regards,
Chris