I am having issues starting my application using a URI displayed in a
WebView control.

My application defines two activities that can be started using specific
URIs. I've defined my intent filters as follows: <intent-filter> <action
android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" /> <category
android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE"/> <category
android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" /> <data
android:scheme="myapplication" android:host="doAction1"/> </intent-filter>
<intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE"/> <category
android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" /> <data
android:scheme="myapplication" android:host="doAction2"/>
</intent-filter>In the G1 built-in email application if the user
clicks on a URI of the
format myapplication://doaction1?parameters then the activity corresponding
to doAction1 is invoked. Similarly, when the URI is of the format
myapplication://doaction2?parameters is clicked on then the activity
corresponding to doAction2 is invoked. However when I am running the HTC
Magic mail application this does not work. HierarchyViewer shows that the
renderer for the HTC app is a WebView control. What is even more puzzling is
that when that same email application is used with a GMail account then the
activity is started correctly. It seems that the WebView may be intercepting
the URI and choosing not to start the activity in the Exchange case -
however I want to make sure that I'm not doing something wrong.

Any pointers are much appreciated.

Thanks Lee