You can directly draw onto surface bound with canvas passed in in your
draw handler. You don't have to always first draw into bitmap then
copy from bitmap to surface.

In fact, no matter what strategy you use you have not really drawn
onto screen framebuffer directly, the last action is composing done by
surfaceflinger service which sit in native layer but it only export
limited method you can access. I think directly accessing /dev/
graphics/fb0 is not recommand by android platform.