I believe you'll want to register a URI pattern that your application
handles.  You can look for content provider samples for that.  Then on
your own page display a link that matches that URI pattern.  You still
depend on the user clicking the link.

You can google for how people link to their market listing to get an
example of what people put on their webpages to load an applicaiton.