On Nov 2, 9:10 am, Michael Ambrus <michael.amb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  gdbclient mediaserver :5039  31
>
> What I get in the end is:
>
> gdb: Unable to get location for thread creation breakpoint: requested
> event is not supported
> __dl__start () at bionic/linker/arch/arm/begin.S:35
> 35              mov     r0, sp

I get that too, if I supply the same arguments.  The problem is that
the "gdbclient" shell function isn't doing what you think it's doing.
The third argument isn't a pid, it's a process name, which is fed to
the "pid" shell function to determine the process ID.

If you instead do:

% gdbclient mediaserver :5039 mediaserver

you'll have much better results.  (It took me a minute to figure that
out -- the big clue for me was that when you disconnect gdb the remote
end is killed, but in this case the mediaserver process wasn't dying.)