The first activity in Balance The Beer plays an intro video. Code
here:
http://code.google.com/p/skylight1/source/browse/trunk/SkylightGame/src/net/nycjava/skylight1/WelcomeActivity.java

Not sure if that counts as a splash screen, though, since you can just
pick a difficulty immediately. I guess most apps I've seen just start
immediately, I guess, rather than using splash screens.

If video is too much, there's an example of simple frame animation
here:
http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/guide/topics/graphics/2d-graphics.html#frame-animation