AndAppStore and SlideME are the best.

But here's the real deal. 20% of my purchases are declined. I then
mail those people to tell them about my app being available on SlideME
and less than 1% of those people convert to SlideME sales even though
they wanted to buy the app initially.

So why is this?
1. They are worried they have already incurred a charge and don't want
to risk paying twice.
2. AndAppStore and SlideME both require download of client installer
app AND authorization of payment method, e.g. Paypal (AndAppStore) or
Amazon billing (SlideME). Both payment types have to confirm identity
- a process which can run to several days if the identification
process requires checking bank statements for confirming bank details
are genuine.

So the user gives up on the purchase.

This is because they want the app immediately - no messing around with
client installs or setting up new payment accounts. They may then
choose to purchase an alternative app or look to download an illegal
copy - sad but true.

Sorry to be negative - but this is my experience.

Recommendation to AndAppStore / SlideME - when users buy apps, they
want something instantly - hesitation means no sale. Alternative
markets should aim for simplicity of click on a weblink, pay with
Paypal and have the download come straight down.