I truly puzzled by this...

The source file helped but here is what's weird:

When calling db.getWritableDatabase() this guy it the one that will
check if it needs an update. I created the helper with version 1 and
later tried to increase it to 2 and leave the OnUpdate() empty...
acording to this snip from the getWritableDatabase() function it
should update no problem:

        int version = db.getVersion();
        if (version != mNewVersion) {
                db.beginTransaction();
                try {
                        if (version == 0) {
                                onCreate(db);
                        } else {
                                onUpgrade(db, version, mNewVersion);
                        }
                        db.setVersion(mNewVersion);
                        db.setTransactionSuccessful();
                } finally {
                        db.endTransaction();
                }
        }

This code to me just confirms that there is something wrong...  The
call getWritableDatabase() happens successfully and I don't get any
exceptions or error hint code on the compiler...

I'm about to pull my hair here... :(