If the user cancels the speech dialog, it makes a little beeping
sound.

You might think that beeping sounds is an innocent little thing, but
it broke my app.

See, after my app is done speaking, it starts listening again for the
user to get its attention. When the app beeps, it assumes this is the
user getting the apps attention. Hence, the app gets into an infinite
loop where the user cancels, it hears the cancel beep, it brings up
the speech dialog again, the user cancels again, the app beeps, the
app brings up the speech dialog again....

My question: How do I make the speech dialog stop beeping?

Bigger question: In general, how do I gain better control over the
android speech dialog? There's nothing I can do currently, but launch
it.

Thanks!