To get the stack trace, just look at the LogCat view in eclipse when the
program crashes (sometimes the debugger stops at the crash point so you may
have to continue execution until it shows up).

Alternatively, run the DDMS tool a select your running AVD to see the
LogCat.

I haven't really looked at the examples in much depth, but aren't
LunarLander and Snake (the only) game projects? Maybe that has something to
do with it? Maybe try searching the entire project for the package name and
see if it's been hard-coded somehow? Getting the stack-trace from the LogCat
is definitely your best bet to get a lead though.

TreKing - Chicago transit tracking app for Android-powered devices
http://sites.google.com/site/rezmobileapps/treking