+1

This keeps coming up but I am bumping because it shouldn't be ignored
by Google.

Problem is people can buy and refund within 24 hours. So we need a web
service apps can call where we can send a device ID plus a google
checkout number which confirms a valid non-cancelled order. If this
web service could be centralised to check other app markets too, we
would all be laughing.

Its not cost effective for a single dev to work out a solution. A team
of people should be driving this forwards where they can keep an eye
on what the pirates are doing and continue to improve the system as
the pirates continue to break it.

So the question then becomes a monetary one. No one has the motivation
to build a system without a monetary incentive. So how about all app
devs who are interested in the scheme support the anti-piracy
developers by paying a monthly subscription. Most app devs would be
happy to do so if they can claw back 100's of pirated copies of their
apps.