On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 00:07, Dianne Hackborn <hack...@android.com> wrote:
> If you kill the process, it will not impact the alarms, the same as it won't
> impact notifications etc.
>
> What these programs are doing is using the API that is tended to force stop
> -everything- about the application: stop all services, cancel all alarms,
> remove all notifications, etc.  This is all working as intended, the apps
> are just abusing this API to cause things to happen that you probably don't
> want to have done.

Wouldn't it be better if task killer, at least by default, just kill
all processes instead of using this API that completely kill/remove
apps ?

(Though I think it would still be helpful to be able to completely
kill some applications, just that task killer have to be more explicit
in this case, and require the user to clearly ask to)

Current situation is not really user friendly. It is really hard to
understand which applications are really running, which ones are off
but will be waken up by alarms and when, ....
Especially with our restrained device resources, a good task manager
is much needed (both to report apps usage, and to be able to control
them if needed).

(And of course I truly agree that a lot of apps do use resources
needlessly -autostart with no useful reason, always running process
when they could just be triggered up on some events,...-)