I read the document and opened my image in draw9path tool

I could not understand what to do with it, when i tried filling the
pixels in left, the texts in picture started disappearing. so i did a
save as .9 patch.

the image was saved as imagename.9.png

 tried to use that by copying to drawable in eclipse, eclipse refused
to reconginise that file, as it contained . i renamed it to
imagename.png it restored to previous image

is not there any automated way of doing this ?

regards
Jagat