Kenneth Adam Miller wrote:
> I just bought a g1 phone and it says that the wireless (as in wifi)
> signal that I'm getting is very poor, but I'm connected to it with my
> laptop. is a sim card required to do anything more than wirelessly
> connect to satellites?

Ignoring the satellites reference, the SIM card should have nothing to
do with your WiFi access. I use devices sans SIM cards a fair bit (many
Android devices, only two SIMs), and I have not had problems connecting
to WiFi.

Bear in mind, though, that a phone's WiFi receiver may not be as strong
as the one in your notebook.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_Android Programming Tutorials_ Version 1.0 Available!