Hi mjavadi,

We have experienced a similar problem with the 1.6 & 2.0 Android
releases, though this seems fixed in 1.5 release. There does not seem
to be a fixed number, as sometimes there are 2 or even 3 redirects. As
a work around, when the player is unable to play the url, we wrote a
light RTSP client that calls describe and follows the new locations
until we get a 200-OK or other response, not a redirect. If it's a 200
we feed that Url to the player.

This seems successful and android supports all the needed Java Net
libraries.