Hi,

Is there an easy way to have soft input methods automatically closed
as soon as the user taps _anywhere_ outside of the corresponding
EditText? Sometimes it's not very convenient if the soft input method
stays on the display when the user starts performing other actions in
the same activity.

The only way I've found so far is to set an OnTouchListener on my
EditText that sets a certain flag to true, and then override my
Activity's dispatchTouchEvents to check if that flag was modified
during the default dispatching of the touch event (i.e., to detect if
it was the EditText that was touched or if it was any other view) and
if it wasn't I call InputMethodManager.hideSoftInputFromWindow.
This approach seems a bit complex. Is there any better way, i.e., is
there any input method flag or similar that gives me this behaviour
automatically?

BR
/Henrik