i guess your Samsung Galaxy using the cell of Qualcomm 7201A(or
nearly), it comes into a conclusion that a version of libhgl.so that
qualcomm provided are not correctly returned when call
eglChooseConfig . i have encounted that problem as you.
so just setup your own EGLConfigChooser ,and don't set the
EGL10.EGL_STENCIL_SIZE which would lead to wrong results.

good lucky!