Mark,

I noticed on the bug report you filed that it was stopPreview that was
causing the problem. Apparently, this should not be called before
takePicture or else it causes a problem.

I was also having an issue on the Droid with taking a picture, and I
was calling stopPreview before takePicture.  I have yet to test my
corrected app on a Droid, but I thought it should be here for anyone
else with this issue that didn't see the bug report.

Mike