I am trying to change my splash scren into Intent based as discussed
here

http://www.anddev.org/simple_splash_screen_-_alternative-t815.html

I changed my manifest to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
        package="com.example.helloandroid" android:versionCode="1"
        android:versionName="1.0">
        <application android:debuggable="true" android:icon="@drawable/icon"
                android:label="@string/app_name">
                <activity android:name=".Splash" android:label="@string/
app_name_menu">
                        <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />
                        </intent-filter>
                </activity>
                <activity android:name=".HelloAndroid" android:label="@string/
app_name">
                        <intent-filter>
                                <action
android:name="android.intent.action.DEFAULT" />
                                <category
android:name="android.intent.category.VIEW" />
                        </intent-filter>
                </activity>
        </application>
        <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="2" />
</manifest>

no i see the splash screen but after 1 minute get a crash.

I have read all the messages in the forums and nobody posted the
solution. and the tutorials seems a little incomplete for beginners.
any help is deeply appreciated

regards