I have an Activity which has no window (but it has a view).

I'm using:
getWindowManager().addView(view, params);

I've attempted to call takeKeyEvents(true), however I see that
takeKeyEvents first retrieves the Window and then calls takeKeyEvents
on that Window.  In my case, the Window is null.

What this means is that I never receive onKeyUp and onKeyDown calls,
which I need in order to intercept some key presses from external
input devices (similar to a handsfree set for example).

Any hints as to how I would accomplish this?

Thanks.