I am starting with ListActivity.

I saw apidemos and saw that it is based on ListActivity. My doubt is,
in my first screen I need a few labels and texts under that a list.
How to approach this ? I cant do a setContentlayut(R.id.main) if my
activity extends ListActivity, no ?

more over I found the tutorial posted in the forums for ListActivity a
bit outdated. Where is 1.5 / 1.6 based tutorials ? because I am new,
it is taking too much time to correct 1.1 codes.

lastly, if i have a todo type appfor adding deleting and deleting,
should i use 3 different layouts or activities ?