Hi,

I currently living in Japan, and I own a HTC Magic. I'm currently
subscribed to Softbank and have no intention of moving to Docomo or
any other carriers.

I'd like to modify the Contacts.apk to allow me to send MMS to my
contact's email address instead of their phone number. The reason for
this is that in Japan, the only way to send a MMS to other carriers is
via email. However, the email addresses that the carriers provide
requires you to send the email through their gateway, and the only way
to do this is to send them as MMSes through the messaging app.

Currently, I am able to send/receive emails via the messaging app by
entering the email address manually. So I'm hoping to modify the
Contacts app to allow me to add a new action that will open up the
messaging app, convert the message to MMS automatically, and insert
the contact's email address as the recipient.

So I'm hoping someone can help me;
1. Add a new menu called "Send S!Mail" (that's what MMS is called
here) on the long-press menu and when viewing contact details
2. Start the messaging app when the user taps on the new menu
3. Automatically tell the messaging app that you want to send an MMS
and convert it accordingly (add a subject field, etc)
4. Add the contact's email address into the "To" field

I don't think it's too difficult to do this, but since I've very new
to Android development, I have no idea where to start. I'm currently
looking through the source for the Contacts app, and figuring out what
the variables mean.

By the way, my Magic is on Android 1.6 (Donut) and my devkit is on a
Linux (Ubuntu) platform, also compiled for 1.6 Donut and the HTC
Sapphire (Magic).

Thanks a lot.