I had the same issue a few days ago.  HTC support said they can't
help.

I went to http://cyanogenmod.com/irc and asked on the web-based IRC
channel and got a response within a few seconds.

Just be sure to md5sum anything you get against the sums listed on
htc's website!

The link to the 1.6 recovery image is here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1143608/junk/htc-1.6_recovery.zip

-dustin