Hi, I've made a little test component that overrides ImageView, called
myImageView, and prints some text and an arrayList of Doubles over
whatever image is specified in the related xml.

However, right now, the text and Doubles that are drawn over the image
are defined within the myImageView class. Is there a way to pass the
data from the main onCreate function to the myImageView class before
the layout is drawn?

I'm new to OO programming, but based on my understanding of this:
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/custom-components.html
it's possible because ImageView is just like any other class. This
leaves me with two initial guesses:
1.  I could generate my test data in the main onCreate, and store it
in the array's xml file, and then read that xml file with
myImageView,

OR 2.  I could extend view instead of ImageView, but because of my new-
ness, then I would lose the ability to use it in an xml layout sense -
and that's what I really want.

Thanks for any tips, or references! I can post code if needed, but
this is more of an approach question.
sj