You say no other connections are available so I don't know who useful
this answer would be, but I was able to do this through WiFi and a
cheap router.  The address of the PC socket is the IP address of the
wireless PC port, found through ipconfig.  I have a further posting
pending about difficulty in keep the connection up for the long term,
but that's a different issue.  To connect the phone to the router go
to Settings->Wifi.