Hi everyone,

I got my hands on Android which is really fun. But at some point I
don't seem to understand the concept. I've got a Main class which
reads like this:

public class Main extends Activity implements SensorEventListener
{ ... }

in the onCreate(...)  I set the layout to
setContentView(R.layout.main);
and add an OnTouchEvent Listener to the sole View in main.xml:
myView.setOnTouchListener(new OnTouchListener() {
                        @Override
                        public boolean onTouch(View v, MotionEvent event) {...

As you can see I also implemented a SensorEventListener which is used
if required. All works fine so far.

But my problem is this (at this point my misunderstanding kicks in):
whenever I rotate the device the onCreate(), onStart() etc. methods
are called, causing my app to act as if it just started. Furthermore,
I feel unable to implement an onSizeChanged(int w, int h, int oldw,
int oldh) { ... } Listener.

Can anyone please explain where my error in reasoning is? I am working
on a tiny app which is more or less done, except for the just
mentioned bug(s). Maybe I got it all wrong but it does what it is
supposed to do (i.e. sending touch positions and accelerometer data
over the network via UDP).

Thanks for any help.
Regards,
Steff