I'll open with, I googled this thing like crazy, searched anddev and a
few other boards (including this one) and can't quite find what I'm
looking for.

The predicament : all CSV examples are in reference to contacts, and
the file read/write posts (the ones that I need) make the assumption
that I am not a beginner and most don't even post any code leaving me
nothing to learn on.

The hopeful solution : a link to a solid example of simply how to
write to a CSV with my own custom fields and values, and how to read a
CSV and load said values.

I don't imagine anyone is going to take the time to write the code
solely to post it here, so if you can just point me in the right
direction it would be greatly appreciated.