Hi,

I have tried to draw a horizontal line at the BOTTOM of my linear layout.

Here is my linear layout file:
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android";
    android:layout_width="fill_parent"
    android:layout_height="wrap_content"
    android:orientation="horizontal"
    android:gravity="center_vertical">

            <LinearLayout android:id="@+id/test"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                android:layout_height="wrap_content>

    <ImageView android:id="@+id/icon1"
        android:layout_width="32dip"
        android:layout_height="32dip"
    />
</LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>

And I follow your advice and I did add
                <View
                android:background="@drawable/black_white_gradient"
                android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                android:layout_height="1dp"
                android:layout_above="@id/test"
                />
But i dont' see any line at the bottom of the LinearLayout. And when I go to
Hierarchy View and see he View (for the hort separator), the getWidth() is 0
while getHeight() is 1.

Can you please tell me what am I missing?

I have follow the example in for teh gradient dividers:
http://www.connorgarvey.com/blog/?p=34

Thank you very much for more pointers.