Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to design my custom menu style by
referencing this documentation -
http://developer.android.com/intl/zh-CN/guide/topics/ui/themes.html

I somehow don't get it. All I want to do is to change the background
color to something else than the existing grey shade. And maybe change
the textstyle/size. This is what I understood.

1. Create styles.xml under res/values/style
2. Under styles.xml, define style/theme name and items to be used. I
did something like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<resources>

       <item name="textStyle">normal</item>
       <item name="panelBackground">@drawable/menu_background</item>
       <item name="panelBackgroundColor">#FFFFFFFF</item>
       <item name="panelTextColor">@color/theme_panel_text</item>
       <item name="panelTextSize">14sp</item>
       <item name="panelTextStyle">bold</item>
       <item name="menuItemBackground">@drawable/menuitem_background</
item>
       <item name="menuItemTextColor">?panelTextColor</item>
       <item name="menuItemTextSize">?panelTextSize</item>
       <item name="menuItemTextStyle">?panelTextStyle</item>

</resources>

3. I want to use a fixed menu theme throughout my application, so
defining it in AndroidManifest.xml as android:theme="@style/MyTheme"
4. I get error while compiling as below:

ERROR Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr
'menuItemBackground'.
ERROR Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr
'menuItemTextColor'.
ERROR Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr
'menuItemTextSize'.
ERROR Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr
'menuItemTextStyle'.
ERROR Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr
'panelBackground'.
ERROR Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr
'panelBackgroundColor'.
ERROR Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr
'panelTextColor'.
ERROR Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr
'panelTextSize'.
ERROR Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr
'panelTextStyle'.
ERROR Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr
'textStyle'.

I am not understanding. Please help.

Abhi