Hi,

I am doing the following in my app, which at times results in the
above error.

Action 1: Button on Main activity calls all pictures using ACTION_PICK
(results in a thumbnail view of all pictures on my phone). User picked
image (URI) is then passed over to next activity where the image is
displayed (ImageView) full screen. When I hit back, I go back to the
main activity. If I try to open all pictures and pick a picture again,
I get a FORCE CLOSE and the logCat data says "OutofMemoryError: bitmap
size exceeds VM budget.

Action 2: I get the same error and FORCE CLOSE when I try to rotate
the full-sized picture by changing phone orientation back and forth.

What am I supposed to do to save memory? I can't change the use case
of my app... the user has to follow the above steps. How can I free up
memory without having to change anything in my app.

Thanks,

Abhi