Hi,  I'm running a pretty weird setup:

AsyncTask1.class -> AsyncTask2.class ->AsyncTask3 (inner class of
AsyncTask2) ->NDK call (this one takes a long time).

Since the NDK takes so long, I want to give users the option to kill
the NDK call so that they can actually use the app. Basically, I keep
references of all the asynctask instances and I do:

aSyncTask1.getAsyncTask2().getAsyncTask3().cancel(true);

The true means mayInterruptIfRunning

but, lo and behold, the NDK process is still running. I don't care how
its done, but I need that NDK process to die when I ask it to. I'm
thinking about kill-9 it through a popen call..

Any ideas on how to kill this thing??