Has anyone else experienced an issue I've complained numerous times
about yet can't get resolution:
When users upgrade our My Coupons app, apparently there is a service
left unclosed.  Fine.  The issue being, the old service code
interferes with the new code and users uninstall then reinstall
immediately in attempt to resolve.  Google registers the uninstalls,
but not the reinstalls.

I repeat, the market registers the uninstalls, but prompt
reinstallations DO NOT get registered!

I can verify this occurs as each time the app is first run it notifies
our servers, and we've got record of each install.  This record vastly
differs from the statistics google is reporting.  These records are
verifiably unique users.