Hi,

Just off the top of my head...

* Research event propagation order and catch the event as early as possible
(view before activity?)
* Be sure to return true to stop propagation from your handler
* Look into other methods to catch the event stream besides the onTouchEvent
override

My experimentation on 1.5/1.6 (many months ago) showed with a short pause
(20 ms, if I recall correctly) brought frame rates to about 95% of what they
were with no touch events. Thus, what your experiencing might be influenced
by something else in your architecture, or perhaps one of the first bullets
above.

SoftwareForMe.com