Hi Diane,

What's the definition of "background" in terms this scheduling mode in
Android 1.6 or later?  Is it based on this document?
http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/guide/topics/fundamentals.html#proclife

The follow up question is: if a service is a foreground service (e.g.
has called startForeground()), will it consume more CPU than a service
that has not?

Thanks,
Carter