Hi all, I am attempting to query a database and update information in
the appwidget screen based on changes to the database done while in an
activity - so that when the user exits, the changes are reflected in
the widget on the screen.  The appwidget is being updated with a
broadcast from OnPause() and OnStop() in my primary Activity.
Relevant pieces of the code are below.  The Toast shows me that the
data is correctly being pulled when OnUpdate() is called.  But the
widget refused to change!  Help me!  I'm tearing my hair out here :)

public class QwikButton extends AppWidgetProvider {

        public String listuuid = "";
        public String title = "";
        public String listfinal = "";
        public String[] listitems = null;

        @Override
        public void onUpdate(Context context, AppWidgetManager
appWidgetManager, int[] appWidgetIds) {
                setupDBs(context);

                RemoteViews rv = new RemoteViews(context.getPackageName(),
R.layout.main);

                listfinal = "";
                listuuid = this.getUUID(context);
                title = this.getTitle(context, listuuid);

                listitems = this.getItems(context, listuuid);
                if (listitems == null)
                {
                        listfinal = "No items in this list.";
                        rv.setTextViewText(R.id.lv_list, listfinal);}
                else
                {
                        for (String s : listitems) { listfinal += s; }
                        listfinal = listfinal.subSequence(0,
listfinal.length()-2).toString
();
                        rv.setTextViewText(R.id.lv_list, listfinal);
                }

                Toast.makeText(context, listuuid+title+listfinal
+appWidgetIds.toString(), Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

                rv.setTextViewText(R.id.tv_title, title);

/* ... lots of irrelevant code ... */

                appWidgetManager.updateAppWidget(appWidgetIds, rv);
        }

/* ... lots of irrelevant code ... */

        }

Layout main.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<LinearLayout xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android"
        android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:orientation="vertical"
        android:background="@drawable/bg2x2" android:layout_gravity="center"
        android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:id="@+id/background">
        <RelativeLayout android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                android:layout_height="wrap_content">
                <Button android:background="@drawable/microphone"
android:id="@+id/
button_two"
                        android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal|center"
                        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                        android:layout_alignParentRight="true"
android:layout_marginLeft="0dip"
                        android:layout_marginTop="10dip"
android:layout_marginRight="8.5dip" />
                <Button android:background="@drawable/openfolder"
android:id="@+id/
button_one"
                        android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal|center"
                        android:layout_marginLeft="0dip"
android:layout_height="wrap_content"
                        android:layout_width="wrap_content"
android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/
button_two"
                        android:layout_alignTop="@id/button_two" />
                <Button android:background="@drawable/mail" android:id="@+id/
button_gmail"
                        android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal|center"
                        android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                        android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/button_one"
android:layout_alignTop="@id/button_two" />

        </RelativeLayout>
        <TextView android:text="Title" android:id="@+id/tv_title"
                android:layout_gravity="center_horizontal|center"
                android:layout_height="wrap_content"
android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                android:layout_toLeftOf="@id/button_one"
android:textColor="#000000"
                android:layout_centerVertical="true" android:textSize="16.0sp">
        </TextView>

        <TextView android:text="List/nList/nList" android:id="@+id/lv_list"
                android:layout_height="fill_parent"
android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                android:layout_marginLeft="18dip"
android:layout_marginRight="8dip"
                android:textColor="#000000" android:textSize="10.0sp">
        </TextView>

</LinearLayout>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<appwidget-provider xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/
android"
        android:minWidth="146dip" android:minHeight="146dip"
        android:updatePeriodMillis="1000" android:initialLayout="@layout/
main" />