I'm pretty sure it's because in the manifest, if the package is
"com.test" then when you declare Activities/Services/Receivers the
package name is already assumed... so if you do:

<receiver android:name=".BootBroadcastReceiver"
android:enabled="true">

Then this is actually com.test.BootBroadcastReceiver, and if you do:

<receiver android:name="com.test.BootBroadcastReceiver"
android:enabled="true">

Then I'm pretty sure the path is actually
com.test.com.test.BootBroadcastReceiver which obviously doesn't exist
in your project

But yes, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is
why...

- jwei

http://thinkandroid.wordpress.com