I have ceased development on Android entirely. I am now just
supporting my 2 apps - one of them a bestseller, the other an OpenGL
flight game - as best I can. I'm sure the soundboard authors and the
flashlight authors will keep up the stream of garbage, but I'll bet
I'm not the only actual quality developer to say "no more".

It really is hard to see how Google could have possibly screwed this
up any more. It's been a long, slow, two-year trainwreck.