I still really need help with this.  I just tried detecting in the
imageView's on touch even if the finger is currently outside of the
imageView, and if so, calling clear focus.  However, it appears that
once I clear focus from one view, dragging it over another will not
give that view focus.

Can anyone please help me determine the best way to do this?