yup..you can refer to the localhost by this ip-->10.0.2.2
This is because when you are specifying localhost to the device/
emulator it is a reference to the phone\emulator itself and not the
local machine
read this too-->http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/faq/
commontasks.html#localhostalias